Stugeron 15 Tablets 15
- Brand: McNeil Products Ltd
- Product Code: 0282764
- Availability: In Stock
Our price: £4.00 (inc VAT)
RRP: £4.44 (inc VAT)
As this is a pharmacy medicine, we need to ask you a few confidential questions about your use of the medicine, so that our pharmacist can assess if it is suitable for you.
- For grown-ups and children 5 years and over
- As with other antihistamines, Stugeron may cause stomach discomfort; taking it after meals may diminish gastric irritation.
- Stugeron may cause drowsiness, especially at the start of treatment; patients affected in this way should not drive or operate machinery.
- For all indications, drowsiness and gastrointestinal disturbances may occur. These are usually transient.
- In rare cases, headache, dry mouth, perspiration or allergic reactions may occur which respond to discontinuation of therapy.
Stugeron 15 should preferably be taken after meals.
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years: 2 tablets 2 hours before you travel and 1 tablet every 8 hours during your journey.
Children 5 to 12 years: One half the adult dose.
Method of administration: Oral
Stugeron should not be given to patients with known hypersensitivity to cinnarizine.
In patients with Parkinson's disease, Stugeron should only be given if the advantages outweigh the possible risk of aggravating this disease. Because of its antihistamine effect, Stugeron may prevent an otherwise positive reaction to dermal reactivity indicators if used within 4 days prior to testing.
Use of cinnarizine should be avoided in porphyria.
There have been no specific studies in hepatic or renal dysfunction. Stugeron should be used with care in patients with hepatic or renal insufficiency.
Patients with rare hereditary problems of fructose or galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption or sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency, should not take this medicine because it contains lactose and sucrose.
Concurrent use of alcohol, CNS depressants or tricyclic antidepressants may potentiate the sedative effects of either of these drugs or of Stugeron.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding.