Salactol Collodion Paint 10ml
- Brand: Dermal Laboratories
- Product Code: 0319061
- Availability: In Stock
£2.99 (inc VAT)
As this is a pharmacy medicine, we need to ask you a few confidential questions about your use of the medicine, so that our pharmacist can assess if it is suitable for you.
1. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Dry the area thoroughly with your own towel (to avoid cross-infection).
3. Gently rub away any loose hard skin from the surface of the wart, verruca, corn or callus with a manicure emery board or with a pumice stone. In the case of a wart or verruca, whatever you use, remember not to let anyone else use it, or they could get a wart or verruca as well.
4. Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to the inside of the cap (see illustration), carefully apply a few drops to the affected area, allowing each drop to dry before the next one is applied. Take care to avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin, as this may cause inflammation. Do not apply excessively. If the affected area is on the sole of the foot, cover it with an adhesive plaster. This enhances absorption of the active ingredients and, for warts and verrucas, helps prevent the virus from spreading. Elsewhere, treated areas need not be covered. Always replace the cap tightly after use.
5. Every evening for the next week, repeat steps 1 to 4, after first removing any plaster.
6. The length of treatment will vary according to the resistance and size of the wart, verruca, corn or callus. Some may be resolved in a relatively short time but successful treatment of certain warts and verrucas can sometimes take up to 12 weeks, so you must continue and not give up until the wart, verruca, corn or callus has disappeared (unless irritation occurs).
Do not use anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital (sex) regions.
Do not use on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots. If in doubt as to whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus, consult your doctor before treatment.
Do not use if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet.
Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients of Salactol (as listed above).
Do not use on broken skin.
This treatment is for application to the skin only. Keep it away from your eyes, nose and mouth, and from cuts and grazes.
Take care not to apply Salactol to surrounding normal skin, especially in the case of children's delicate skin. If accidental spreading occurs, immediately remove surplus product with a tissue.
If Salactol is accidentally swallowed, or if it gets into the eye, contact a doctor or a hospital straight away.
Avoid inhaling the vapour from this product, as it can be harmful.
Avoid spillage. Do not get Salactol on your clothes, jewellery, fabrics or furniture as it may damage them.
Do not apply Salactol in proximity to open flames, burning cigarettes or anything else which might ignite the vapour. Take appropriate care when discarding bottle after completion of treatment.
Salactol is very flammable. Do not store above 25°C. Keep upright, well away from flames, and where children cannot see or reach it. Keep the cap tightly closed when Salactol is not being used. This product should not be used after the expiry date shown on the bottle label or later than 3 months from first use.